Friday, February 24, 2012

February Fun in Florida

 A recap of our month....
The month started with the long awaited trip to Destin, FL!! James had a conference in Destin {last year the same conference was in Palm Springs- rough life right?} so we decided to tag along! The other youth minister went as well and he took his wife {one of my best friends} and their 6 month old daughter! After enduring an all night drive, Jared, Laura and Aurora found out their son back at home had pneumonia. So their trip ended the very next day when they flew home to be with him. It was sad without them but we still managed to have some fun!





James was mostly at the conference. So I knew aside from mealtimes and late nights, it would just be me and B! So we did a lot of playing in the hotel room. Actually, we mostly played on the balcony since it was 70-75 degrees and sunny! We did some playing on the beach, swimming in the pool at the hotel and some shopping around town. I also did A LOT of reading. Brynlee still went down around 8 each night so that left me to either watching tv or reading. I read the first 2 books of the Hunger Games {which I loved!}.

 We left Thursday morning and drove back to OK. I was super nervous about the drive back. On the way, the girls mostly slept so it wasn't bad at all. But once we hit daylight they went a little crazy. Let's just say we survived because of 2 laptops and an iPad. We watched Hairspray {multiple times}, High School Musical 2 & 3 and Backyardigans. But we made it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow-- I forgot how beautiful and white the sand is! In fact, it is so white in that first picture that it looks like snow. So glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete