Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I guess I could blog

Of course there are always a nice list of things to be doing... but these days I find myself having a lot of extra time! I guess it isn't exactly EXTRA time, but time I haven't had since before Brynlee was born.

So here's the deal. Before James left for a youth trip about 2 weeks ago he began some hardcore sleeping bootcamp with Brynlee. Basically his goal was for her to be sleeping through the night before he left. She had been waking up 2 times each night and was still not taking any naps at all.


So for three nights he was up in the middle of the night for about 2 hours, trying to get her to go back to sleep without nursing. He is pretty amazing, especially since he made it possible for me to sleep through the entire ordeal each night! So the night they left it was my turn. For two nights she woke up and cried for 30 minutes and went back to sleep. Then on the 3rd night she slept from 9-9 without waking up! It was pretty amazing. She has been doing awesome. Sometimes she wakes up but only for a few minutes before she is back down!

And the other amazing thing... since she has been sleeping through the night, she is also napping. Which is why I have so much extra time! She takes at least one nap for a couple of hours, sometimes twice a day!

So I get to clean, workout, take a shower and basically just not be stressed out all the time! Sleeping is a wonderful thing!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for sleep!! I am so glad she is sleeping. It's so hard to let them cry. GOOD JOB!!! You are such a good mom. Brynlee is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleep is a wonderful thing. Giada has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now as well, and it's been heaven! Yay for extra time to do things you actually enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete