Sunday, January 23, 2011

mini family reunion {almost}

Brynlee's first snow {kind of... really it snowed a little like a week ago, but we didn't get out!}
This weekend held a few firsts for us. James went out of town for a high school church event so me and Brynlee would be on our own from Friday-Sunday. Now since my parents live a little over a mile from our house, this really isn't that big of a deal. That was until they decided to go to Fayetteville for my brother-in-laws basketball games {he coaches high school}. So I was nervous about staying here alone for the weekend- especially since Brynlee still really wasn't sleeping at night. We got about 3-4 inches of snow Thursday so they ended up canceling the basketball games. My parents decided it would be fun to go anyway and hang with my sister and her family. So my other sister and her husband decided they would come down from Joplin for the night to hang as well. Since everyone else was going- I was pretty sure there was no way I was staying in Owasso alone! So we loaded up with my parents and went to Fayetteville for the night!
Grace loved putting her "jerry" in the bouncy seat and swing {she will be so much help when her baby brother arrives!}
We got there just before dinner Friday night. As is usual with our family, we didn't do a whole lot except sit around and talk. My dad always makes fun of us girls because no matter where we are, we always end up sitting on the floor in the kitchen talking, while the guys are in the living room talking {which this time included Brynlee laying on her blanket on the floor}. Sadly, Gracie had already gone to bed, so she missed this time! It would probably be boring for me to recount the whole night, but let's just say that my niece Grace is super entertaining {as I am sure most two year old are}!

playing basketball with her daddy- she is an expert in rebounding!
One of the best things to happen... Brynlee slept great! She woke up twice and went down without much work at all! This was wonderful. Not only did I get some sleep, but it made me feel much more confident about being alone last night {which she slept great again}. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think we have a pattern!



Of course we missed James and look forward to him being home later today! Now, off to prepare for a baby shower for a good friend who is having her second little boy!

proud grandparents

3 comments:

  1. It was good seeing you today! Glad I finally got to meet your little girl. She is precious! Makes me excited to meet mine. :) Hope she sleeps good for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep, Brynlee, sleep! I hope you had another good night last night. Thank you SO much for coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete