Thursday, January 27, 2011

Playdate

taken while watching Miss America
Let me start off by saying last night a miracle occurred in our house...

Last night we spent many hours of trying to get Brynlee to sleep {she kept acting tired but once we put her down she would scream}. Each time we went to put her back down we would try something different. One time she was swaddled in her blanket like normal. Next, we tried not swaddling her at all. And the third time we decided to swaddle just her arms {using the Velcro part from a sleep sack, just without the sack}. The first two times she would not even stay down for five seconds. However, the third time, James went in and swaddled her and immediately she closed her eyes. So he put her down on her stomach and she was out! {this was at 12:30} I of course was hoping for three hours of sleep but when I woke up it was 5:00! Now before this she had NEVER slept longer than 4 hours and that has only happened one time! SO naturally I was nervous and went into her room to check on her. There she was asleep in exactly the same spot that we put her down! So I cautiously went back to bed just sure that she would be up any minute... not so. She ended up sleeping until 7:30. It was amazing! Now she didn't sleep the night before or that day, so it's possible she was just super tired... but I am hoping that maybe we have figured something out- at least for now! Crazy how quickly things change with a 7 week old baby.

love when she smiles in her sleep
Now, we all know it is pretty hard to have a playdate when you are 7 weeks old, but that's what we are calling it! Today I met with a good friend of mine and her two boys at McDonald's for lunch.  The boys played, we chatted and Brynlee slept in her car seat the entire time! It was so nice though! Being home is really nice but can be kind of lonely when everyone else is off at work and school. So I am hoping that we can make this a weekly occurrence- especially if Brynlee decides to keep sleeping. Then I will def. feel like getting out more! I meant to take a picture but forgot. So a few pics of Brynlee will have to suffice!

and even better when we can get her to smile!

3 comments:

  1. Rylee loves to sleep on her tummy! In fact, if she didn't sleep in bed with us at night (on her side), I'm sure I would lay her down on her tummy to sleep. Every time we try to put her on her back, she wakes up almost immediately. For naps, I put her down on her side as well. I'm so happy she slept so long for you! That's wonderful! Hopefully, both of our babies are going to be sleeping more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want Harper here real fast! :) Glad she slept better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy for you that she sleep that long!!! It is a miracle & it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete