Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas 2011

Okay- so I know I am super late on these posts... but I want to have a record of these things, so I don't care!

We had made plans to have "Christmas" with James' sister and her family Friday night, unfortunately my body had other plans. I woke up feeling fine but by about lunchtime was not doing great and had a rising fever. So, I slept the afternoon and evening away while James and Brynlee went to celebrate. Luckily, I was able to keep my fever down over the next couple of days with medicine! 
Christmas was wonderful this year. It was a little different with it being on a Sunday but still great! Since Christmas was on Sunday, our church did identical services on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. So we went to the service Saturday night {actually myself and Brynlee ended up at the service again in the morning, just because!}.

Since my dad and James would be "working" Sunday morning we decided to have Christmas with my family on Saturday. We went over to my parents' that morning. James made omelets for everyone. Then we did presents and lunch and hung out until it was nap time for everyone! One sad note about Christmas Eve- my poor bother-in-law was super sick. So he was somewhat quarantined on the couch  away from all children. 




I just have to say that Christmas Eve service is always one of my favorite parts of the season! I loved that this year it was a little less reflective and more of a celebration- it was pretty wonderful! And of course we tried getting pictures of everyone {which is impossible with three small children}. SO we had a couple of Brynlee and Gracie!

Christmas day we went to church again and then to lunch with James' extended family! His entire family from his mom's side always gets together for lunch! We love going to see them. They are so much fun! We topped off the night by going to see lights at Rhema Bible College with my parents and the Smith's!
It was a wonderful weekend full of family, fun and of course the most important thing: Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment