Friday, January 20, 2012

Presents

I just want to say a little bit about Christmas presents.

Never before have I understood why parents would go SO overboard with presents for their kids. That is until I had a kid. I now understand the desire to have all of the fun, exciting toys that are available these days. This only happened after roaming through Toys R' Us a couple of months ago.

Fortunately for our bank account we prescribe to the thought that less is more! Inadvertently we ended up with one big, fun present {the kitchen set}, something she needed {a new blanket}, and a smaller toy {balls for a ball pit}.

Basically, we already have SOOOO many toys and "things" to play with. That coupled with the amount of gifts she gets from other family members, makes for a plenty big Christmas. Not to mention her birthday being two weeks before Christmas!
$1 beads were a HUGE hit
I really want to work hard at keeping this mentality for years to come. I don't want to make it all about the presents on our part or Brynlee's. On the same note, I was listing all these things I wanted to do and make as our Christmas traditions. I had all kinds of things like an Advent Calendar of activities, looking at lights, Elf on the Shelf and reading a different Christmas book every day. While these are all fun and good things I was already starting to get overwhelmed and lost in all the "stuff." Growing up, Christmas was never about the stuff or activities. While I know it may be difficult to keep Christmas simple, I truly believe it is the best way to celebrate and teach the true meaning of Christmas to Brynlee!

No comments:

Post a Comment