Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More than genetics

So today me and Brynlee did some shopping with my mom. It was super fun and wonderful, especially since I was itching to get out of the house. On the way back to my mom's Brynlee was getting pretty restless. She was tired and hungry and just sick of all of our shopping {although she always perks up when we go to Target!}. While she was crying and we were trying to console her, telling her everything would be alright, that we were almost there; my mom had this to say:

She said {not word for word, but you get the idea}, "I bet this is how God feels.  He knows everything is going to be okay and that we are almost there, or almost through a tough time. Yet, we continue to cry and say 'really, do you really hear me? Do you really know how I am feeling?'"

That really hit me. I say to Brynlee all the time that "everything will be fine," or "we are almost home" and she continues to cry. I know she just doesn't understand, but sometimes I want so badly for her to know and be overcome with peace and a sense of calm. I am sure that is how God feels. He knows everything will be fine and He has the whole situation under control and yet I am still cry just to make sure He is really hearing me. I pray that I can have a sense of calm and peace after lifting up my prayers to God, knowing that He has it all under control.

I have more in common with Brynlee than just genetics!

2 comments: