Thursday, September 16, 2010

Glucose Test

I know I already did a pregnancy post but since this little appointment is kind of a milestone, I thought I should blog about it.

I went in today to do the dreaded glucose test. When people say that it tastes like disgusting flat orange pop, they are right. What they don't tell you is that you shouldn't do it when you already feel nauseous.  I felt horrible to begin with, then after drinking a glorious (what seemed like) 20 ounces of the stuff, I kind of/definitely wanted to throw up. However, I kept it down for the time being at least. After my blood was taken though- all bets were off and yea, it didn't stay down any longer.

Also, a warning to anyone who ever needs to draw my blood... please do not stick my arms two times and then move on to my hand. Especially when I warn you and say "my friend, who is a nurse,  always says she would do it in my hand..." Annoying.

Enough of that.

Tomorrow I am planning on participating again in the "Show us Your Life Posts." Long ago, when I started this blog (the second time) I said I would at least do this post every Friday. This time I plan on taking it a step further and actually link up to the original blogger. So hopefully I will actually stick with it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment