Monday, September 13, 2010

Pregnancy Update

How far along? 27 weeks 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: +28lbs
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively... I can still wear a few select shirts that have zero shape to them, but that is it!
Stretch Marks? None thank goodness! I hate stretch marks. Although I am sure they will come, the later the better!
Sleep: Back to the tired all the time feeling that happened the first 18 weeks... long gone is my energy.
Best moment this week: getting medicine so I can hear out of right ear (yes, I know that is not related to the pregnancy, but after a week and a half of not being able to hear, I am excited)
Movement: Constantly! She is all over the place, all the time!
Food Cravings/Aversions: nothing new... so far the list is: marshmellows (especially roasted), mustard, pickle spears & white queso
Gender: Girl 
Size Comparison: a small football
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: being able to run. I could still do about 2 miles (with walking breaks) until about a week ago... no more running until January.
What I am looking forward to: upcoming showers!! Time to get this nursery all settled
Weekly Wisdom: It is not a good idea to eat banana pudding for breakfast...
Milestones: not sure if this is a milestone- but now you can see her moving from the outside. This is amazing, yet a little creepy! Oh and she is 2lbs 12 oz. Pretty sure that is kind of giant for right now, but my doctor seems to think this is great news!


Just so you know until today I have not taken a single picture of myself being pregnant. It was all weird at the beginning because for a long time you just look fat and not pregnant. Then somewhere along the way I started to actually look pregnant but have never been too fond of prego pics. However, James thinks I will want to have pictures of when I was pregnant. So at almost 28 weeks I will start taking pictures to document how giant I get in the next 12 weeks. 


27 weeks 6 days

We have started the nursery. I didn't want it to be super girly or totally pink. It took a really long time but finally decided on doing mostly greens with a little bit of pink and brown (at James' request). It is coming together nicely. My favorite thing about this room is the paint. I saw on a different blog a room with neutral stripes and fell in LOVE!! We went through 6 sample colors to get the right ones. So after 2 nights of paint the base coat and ceiling and 10 hours of James' hard work it is finally done. If I may say so myself it is AMAZING and PERFECT. It is exactly what I wanted. The best news to James was that I promised to never make him paint this room again. For as long as we live in this house, there will be stripes! 


It is a little bit darker than it actually looks in the picture! 


I think that is all I have to say about pregnancy right now! But I would be happy to field any questions! 

2 comments:

  1. i love it too! you are so big and pregnant. i need to see this belly in person! and now i want some roasted marshmellows.

    ReplyDelete