Thursday, September 30, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Dining Rooms

Our dining room is basically a breakfast nook that is connected to the kitchen.


This is what it looks like right now... and most of the time to be honest. We rarely eat at this table. And if we do, everything just gets pushed down to one end to clear half of the table. Mostly it is used as my "desk" since sitting on the couch for longer than 20 minutes kills my back. It also gathers the mail, holds my purse {in the chair} and usually whatever books we are reading at the moment {James is reading "The Christian Atheist}. My book isn't on the table because I finished it at work and put it away. Oh, it is my "craft" table- as I have started making things for the nursery and other general crafts.

Moving on. We got the table recently from my father-in-law. We had gotten a table from them when we were first married and basically traded out for a newer and nicer table. I love this table. The "room" in general is kind of a small work in progress. The cabinet in the corner used to be full of pictures and cookbooks, but I am working on cleaning it out and off. I would like to move it to a new location to make room for the giant high chair that will need a place to live in the next couple of months. So yea. 



This is probably my favorite part of the dining room. These lovely topiaries were one of the very first crafts I made... ever. I found them, well apparently I can't find it again. Anyways, they were super easy and cost about $15 for both of them. And what Fall decor would be complete without a pumpkin full of candy! 


2 comments:

  1. Cute topiaries!

    Blessings~
    QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, i have that same pumpkin and i keep it full of candy corn!

    ReplyDelete