Friday, February 18, 2011

Show Us Your Life: Alma Mater

So today at Kelly's Korner we have Show us Your Life- Your Alma Mater

Now, my schooling after high school has been a little crazy. I started out at Ozark Christian College right out of high school! I absolutely loved this school. I played volleyball there and honestly learned more about God, the Bible and myself then I ever thought I would. They have amazing professors that love God and their students on a personal level. Oh how I would love to go back there and take more classes.

Ozark Christian College

volleyball christmas party

James' graduation
After my sophomore year James graduated and got a job in a Chicago suburb. So we moved. Since Ozark was not an accredited school, I spend the next year taking classes online from Tulsa Community College in Tulsa, OK. {This is because they would actually take a lot of my classes, unlike the community college in Chicago that would accept a total of 9 hours our of 60}. So I got my Associate's degree.


Then we moved back to the Tulsa area and I was able to attend Northeastern State University, Broken Arrow Campus. So NSU is my actual Alma Mater. And let me just say, I love this school. I spent two years at NSU completing my degree in Elementary Education. Since it is a commuter campus, I never attended a sporting event, or any type of event outside of Education seminars and such. But, I honestly believe that this school has the most amazing professors for Education in the entire state of Oklahoma. They are WONDERFUL {99% of them} and will do anything to help you out, while teaching you how to be a teacher. The school of Education firmly believes in teaching through example and experience. My experiences at NSU were wonderful, honestly, much better than I ever expected! So thank you NSU for a wonderful two year experience and teaching me how to be a highly effective teacher!

Northeastern State University College of Education

completing my "trying something new project: cross stitch

visiting a local historical place for Social Studies class: Totem Pole Park

   
working on our "Wii in the Classroom" project
Oh how I love Elementary Education projects... lots of fun times from my time at NSU!

4 comments:

  1. I wanted to go to NSU-BA to get a degree in Science Education, but when I went to register all of the classes I needed were in Tahlequah! Now I'm trying to decide if I want to do Elementary Education, it's great to hear such positivity about the school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks they didn't have your classes in BA! Elem. Ed was wonderful! I def. had a great experience with NSU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog...I graduated from NSU and was an education major (early childhood) too! I only went to the BA campus a few times for seminars, but thought it was really nice. I loved my time at NSU also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and my little sister is planning on going to Ozark after she graduates next year too! Glad to hear that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete