Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter Weekend... yes it's 3 weeks late!

We had a great Easter weekend. It was full of activities and fun! Saturday we spent the morning dying easter eggs with some of our nieces and nephew {and Brynlee of course}.


Then we went to a family lunch. James' mom's side does a big meal and easter egg hunt each year! So off we went to South Tulsa for the celebration. We don't get to see this family often enough... usually 3 times a year but we always have a good time!

Sunday we began the day at church! I know I have said this before, but I love our church! I am so happy to serve/attend a church that celebrates the death, burial and resurrection each and every Sunday, but especially on Easter! Then we went off to lunch at my parent's house. It was a little weird without the rest of the family {Joel in Portland, Elizabeth can't travel due to baby Graham coming any day, and Abigail and Tyler needed to stay in Joplin!} but a nice surprise... my Uncle Jeff was in for the weekend! So we got to spend some time with him along with my cousins Lindsey and Blake! Brynlee had a fun time meeting new cousins! I still need to get these pics from my mom!

Now, we did not do an Easter basket. When I was kid we didn't do Easter baskets. I asked my mom why and she said that there usually wasn't enough extra money. It was either Easter clothes or a basket... and clothes won out! But don't worry I definitely don't feel deprived or anything like that. If anything I am kind of thankful. Easter baskets are fun and there is nothing wrong in doing them {although I haven't exactly figured out why we do them?? You are welcome to clue me in if you know...} There are so many things that make the day busy and about food and family and everything but Jesus. So I figure it is one less thing to get in the way. Now, this is not to say we won't do an Easter basket when Brynlee gets older... who knows! Actually, it didn't even occur to me that we didn't do one until I was at Wal-mart Friday night and saw all the baskets and people going crazy buying them!!


We had a great weekend celebrating Jesus raising from the dead!

2 comments:

  1. We never got Easter baskets either, but Paul's mom still makes Easter baskets for her kids. To be honest, I never heard of getting a full Easter basket until he and I started dating! We got new ones for egg hunting, but they never had anything in them... I dunno. I made one for Rylee though, it was just stuff I was going to buy for her anyway (sippy cups, utensils, etc). I dunno if we'll do it again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We never got Easter baskets either, but never really missed out on it. We made some of our favorite Easter foods, and had so much fun with the other traditions that we didn't even notice the lack of baskets

    ReplyDelete