Saturday, May 7, 2011

Madre

I don't exactly know where to begin this post. I just opened my Mother's Day present, and let me just say it is pretty stinking awesome! I can't wait to show it to all of you! I really do love being a mom. I wasn't sure what to expect out of motherhood {and I know I have barely scratched the surface}. There have been many ups and downs in the five short months Brynlee has been with us. Even so, I love it! When she smiles, laughs and talks to me each day, I am reminded of how much I love my sweet pea!

But this is really more about my mom! I know most of you think your mom is the greatest but I have to disagree! My mom is amazing. She has the biggest heart. She loves to take care of us kids/grandkids/in-laws even as we continue to grow and have our own families!
She is the queen of giving presents and just knowing what people like/dislike. I love that about her! She always pays attention to our ever-changing personalities. She has a heart for Jesus and seeing lost people find Him.
We have always been close, probably because we are so much alike! We could talk for hours about anything, everyday. I am so thankful to have a mom who understands me. I love that she could always be both parent and friend. I am so glad that we live so close! Not that it changed anything when we lived 12 hours away... but still it is nice!


Today I was reminded yet again how much I love her {we met up to shop at Wal-mart just like pre-Brynlee days!}. I love you mom! If I can be half the mom to Brynlee {and future kiddos} that you were to me {and Elizabeth, Joel & Abigail} then I will be overjoyed!!

Mother's Day 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment