Thursday, May 19, 2011

The joy of planning

With the lack of a job and the reappearance of sleep {Brynlee has done great the last two nights}, I find myself planning.

 Now,  I am a planner. I want to plan out each day with what we will do {even if it is nothing}. Sunday nights I find myself planning our week. I want to be planning a vacation. I am also currently planning a baby shower for my best friend.

I understand Brynlee is only 5 {almost 6} months old. But with how fast things have been going- I found myself planning her 1st birthday party last night! By no means do I want my chick pea to be a year old and I am most definitely NOT ready for December to be here... but I can no longer help myself! I always said we wouldn't do some giant shindig for birthday parties but it has to be kind of a big deal. Although it will still probably just be family {because we have a lot near and not too much room} So it has begun. And I figure the early the plan, the more I can do things myself to keep down the cost. And with her birthday being between Thanksgiving and Christmas it will take some planning just to figure out when to do it!! 
So I am now keeping a file of ideas for this party... I can't wait to see what she looks like and can do by the time she is one! Like these:

Balloon Garland
Pull String Pinata

And in other news: we officially have a roly poly {sp?}, who likes to roll all over the living room! Our lives have changed dramatically already- and I know crawling is right around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. I have been planing Giada's b-day since she was born. Haha. So I completely understand where you're coming from. I am already SO excited about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been obsessing over Rylee's first birthday as well! My big problem is when to do it as well. Her birthday is 2 days after Christmas. The weekend before is Christmas Eve (my sister-in-law's birthday) and Christmas. The weekend after is New Year's Eve. Two weekends before is one of my best friend's baby's first birthday. So I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of my time figuring out the WHEN.

    ReplyDelete