Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Baby Care Class

Last night we took our first class at the hospital in preparations for this little girl. It was Newborn 101: Baby Care. I actually was surprised by how much I learned. Not that I thought I was ready for a baby {or that I am now, having taken the class}, but it was very informative. Mostly the pediatrician talked about what they will do in the hospital, things that are normal for the baby right after birth and when you need to call someone after you have gone home. Then the nurse had us swaddle, change diapers, burp, and bathe a giant doll. All in all, pretty good. I think my favorite part of the whole class were the comments the pediatrician would make, that were clearly meant to be funny, but NO ONE laughed... that is except us! If you know James, then you know that he laughs at almost anything that is remotely funny- and he laughs LOUD. Now I could contain my laughs to a chuckle when I realized no one else thought these things were funny. But not James. He would just laugh his normal laugh. I think the pediatrician enjoyed it though. And I love that James didn't really care that we were the only ones laughing, except the fact that he didn't understand {because it was CLEARLY funny!}.

So I had been freaking out kind of because our little baby could make her presence known in as early as 4 weeks and we had NOTHING at all {well besides some furniture}. Let's just say after the last week I feel much better about the situation. We have had 3 showers in the last week {one at church from my 8th grade girls small group; one at my mom's house with our close friends; one at my sister-in-laws with a lot of James' family}. I will def. be posting more about these later with pics of all of the wonderful things we got! The great news is, now we can really get ready for her to come. We have things for the room and most of the essential items we will be needing once she arrives. So today I sat down and made a pretty giant list of all the things that NEED to happen before she comes. The race is on though to see if I can complete everything in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment