Friday, October 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Baby S Room

Welcome all from Kelly's Korner. I am pretty excited about this weeks topic, seeing as how we are expecting our first baby girl in roughly 4-6 weeks! Crazy is really the only way to explain this.

We still have a few things to do in the room. Basically our whole goal was for the room not to be too loud. I was really nervous that if we went with bright, girly colors I would get sick of it pretty quickly! So we went more neutral. The idea is mainly to have the different shades of green with small pops of pink and brown. {Originally it was green and plum, but it was super hard to find true plum that wasn't expensive}. 

I was hoping to have the room totally done by this point- but no such luck. We are still working on things. So here it is: a work in progress.


This is looking in from the door. I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the paint. It is exactly what we wanted! It took my wonderful {amazing} husband many, many hours to do this, but it is perfect. And I promised him that it can stay this way until we move out of this house! The wreath I made using all the flowers from my sisters wedding this summer. {Don't mind the small type Christmas tree- James is super ready for christmas this year, so we bought a tree for her room... probably will be moved to a new location at some point}


Still looking from the door. The crib, and rocker we got from my sister-in-law. The green bedding we got from my sister. I am planning to paint a canvas with Numbers 6:24 to hang over the crib. This was the blessing that my dad would say to us kids each night before we went to bed {even if we were at a friends house- we would call home for our blessing before bed}. It is a very special passage to me and something that I pray over our baby girl each day!


The changing table is very special as well. This dresser is actually the one that James was changed on as a kid. His mom let us have it {after I found it hiding in their house} and I am so glad she did. The mirror will be hanging above the dresser... soon.

For four years this dresser has not had knobs. After looking for quite a while, {deeply wishing I could afford knobs from Anthropologie} I finally broke down and just bought some knobs from Lowe's and painted them.

We also have a paper flower to hang in the room. Also, I have two dresses from when I was a baby that we will be hanging on the wall somewhere, hopefully from some super cute knobs too! 

We still need some things for the room like drapes, a lamp, some storage baskets... more I am sure! But we are getting there!

5 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on those knobs! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where I could get knobs to paint! I need some for the dresser in Rylee's room! I went to Hobby Lobby, but no such luck, and was stumped after that! You're little girl's room is beautiful and serene, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors on the wall...can you tell me what colors they are?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure! The colors we used were Valspar from Lowe's. The light color that we used as a base is December Starlight. The darker color for the stripes and ceiling is Romano. It took few tries but I think we def. got exactly what we wanted!

    ReplyDelete