Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30 years

Happy Anniversary to my parents- who have been married for 30 years!!






















I think you all would agree with me that 30 years is a LONG time... and being married to the same person for that long is very unusual these days! I am so lucky for parents who decided so long ago that when they got married it is forever, no questions asked. I am so lucky that growing up {and even now} I never had to worry about if my parents would stay together, or if a random argument would get out of hand and end up in my parents splitting up. I am so lucky that even when things aren't perfect between them they work through things to make it better!

I know that my parents have been through a lot in the last 30 years. They have moved A LOT, worked in different churches across the country {the whole working in churches for 30 years is a whole other topic in itself!}, had four kids, 2 3/4 grandkids {#3 to come in the coming weeks} and tons of friends! I think they would agree that they have a pretty good life and have been lucky... BUT no one has been more lucky than us four kids for such amazing parents.

Not only are they amazing parents but they are godly people. They have given us the best example for what it means to live out your faith everyday and it make it your own. They have also given the best example of a godly marriage and what it means to CHOOSE your spouse everyday! The best gift we can give to Brynlee is to do the exact same thing!

We love you mom and dad!!! Here's to another 30 years together!

1 comment:

  1. aww... happy Anniversary to them! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete