Thursday, April 7, 2011

I might puke

 "Since you are breastfeeding, that pregnancy weight will fall right off" If I hear this again, I may puke.

This will be a post pregnancy post. One that has nothing to do with the amazing chick pea napping in the next room. This one is all about me. And I am sorry. Really I am. I would much rather write about Brynlee, but I have to get this off my chest. Okay- can I be honest for a little bit?? Will you let me rant just a tid bit!? Ok thanks. Here goes.

Now, don't feel bad if you have said this to me. I understand. It happens for a lot of people. And yes, the first 20 lbs came right off in about two weeks! It was great! Wonderful! Then reality set in. The other 25... not so much. Instead I have spent the last 3 months losing a whopping 10 lbs.

I know the following things:

- I have to lose the remaining weight slowly in order to keep nursing
- I can't run too much if I want to keep nursing
- Nursing is much more important than getting back to pre-pregnancy weight
- "It took 10 months for your body to get this way, give it at least a year to get back" {hearing my doctor on this one!}
- How I look is not the most important thing

All of these things are true. But it still is hard to be 4 months post baby and still not really feel like myself. Some of this has to do with the amount of sleep I am getting, and not having a job. All of those things play into this. But it is a little frustrating to feel like I have nothing to wear because I don't want to spend money on clothes I will only be wearing for a few months {hopefully}. It is hard for me to spend money on clothes even when I plan on wearing them for years to come! 

I don't want to discourage some of my pregnant friends who may be reading this. Because some people really do get back to being them soon after have their baby. I guess I am just a little frustrated with the process of it all. Normally I would just be super disciplined in working out, run twice a day and just do it. But because of nursing I can't. I just have to be careful. Plus, who has time for running twice a day with a baby around??

Is there a point to this post? Not really. I am just venting. So for now I will return the cookie dough to the fridge and take a nap!

1 comment:

  1. You know what I am going to say...give yourself a break!! I remember feeling the same way, though, and probably will again in a couple of months. We are just too hard on ourselves! It will pass. You will lose the weight sooner than you can expect and it will all be ancient history. Also, you look great!! I know I told you last time I saw you and I mean it!

    ReplyDelete