Friday, April 15, 2011

Show us Your Life- Books

So today at Kelly's Korner we are talking about books you are currently reading.

I wasn't really a "reader" until I discovered Jodi Picoult in high school {actually my mom discovered her for me when she worked in my school's library}. So usually I am reading one of her books. And while I am not currently, I plan on reading "My Sister's Keeper" again very soon. This was the first book of hers I read. It is amazing and surprisingly meaningful for me. If you ever plan on reading this book- please do not see the movie first! It does not do the book justice AT ALL! Plus the ending in completely different...

I am reading the fourth book in the Bride Series: "Happy Ever After" by Nora Roberts. I have really enjoyed the other three books but am finding it hard to get into this book. I guess I am just not a huge fan of the main character. Oh well.


  Another book I am reading "Bringing Up Girls" by James Dobson. I am a huge Dobson fan and have heard great things about his book "Bringing Up Boys." I am only about three chapters in on this one and so far it is good. Although one tip- plan to read more than just the first chapter when you begin. It starts out slightly depressing. He begins the book talking about all of the challenges young girls have to face in life. I felt very inadequate for the job I have in being a mom, but it gets better. There is a lot of wisdom in this book.


So that is what I am reading these days! And an array of children's books, of course!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Bringing up Girls! :) Great picks! :) Erin

    www.healthybranscoms.com

    Love your blog! I am following you!

    ReplyDelete